Friday, October 30, 2009

adelaide

here's a song i wrote recently as i anticipate seeing my favorite place in the world, adelaide.

adelaide
verse1
i got my feet back on the ground
i wipe my eyes and look around
it's funny to see how everything is changing

i see my mum and my step dad
they're waiting where i get my bags
they're looking great even thought they're in there sixties (sorry mum)

chorus
O how i love this place

adelaide

verse2
i'm walking to my ol' front door
it's looking bett'r than ev' before
i can't believe that it's been nearly 3 years

i's getting close to 5 pm
that it when i'll see my friends
ben and andrew
don't forget matty newman

chorus
O how i adore this place

adelaide

bridge
they say the grass is always greener
the usa has come between us
believe me cause i mean it
when i say that i still love

verse3
twenty days is not to long
that is why i write this song
i'll remember you every time i play it

i check my bags and shed a tear
it may be 3 to 6 more years
til i'm back where everything is normal

chorus
O how i'll miss this place

adelaide

No comments: